Apple just wrapped it's keynote for it's 2017 World Wide Developers Conference and while heavily focused on updates for developers, it did have a couple of stand out announcements for the rest of us. Here is everything that was announced.
- Amazon Prime Video is coming to Apple TV
Apple Watch - WatchOS 4
- Watch Faces - New "Siri Watch Face" will automatically display information as you need it. New Toy Story characters coming.
- Activity - Monthly challenges, better workouts including new Interval Training. Workouts will now sync with 80% of gym equipment. Music app will now automatically sync your most liked playlists.
- New Dock - Scrolls vertically
Mac - OS X High Sierra
- Safari - Now the world's fastest desktop browser. Video autoplay blocking. Intelligent tracking prevention.
- Mail - Split view and better search
- Photos - Better face recognition. Much better editing tools. 3rd party printing options.
- File System - Apple File System coming to the back
- Video - New H.265 format to better stream 4K HDR video
- iMac - Better displays and spec bumps
- MacBook - Spec Bumps
- New iMac Pro - Being released later this year
- Messages - New "App" draw, iCloud sync across devices
- Apple Pay - Introducing Person to Person payments
- Siri - New Voice, new visual Interface and now has instant translation.
- Camera - Better compressions for smaller file sizes
- Photos - Better Editing and Memory Album
- Control Centre - All Features on one page. More use of 3D Touch
- Maps - Floor plans for malls and airports
- Apple Music - Find out what friends are listening to
- App Store - Totally redesigned fro the ground up
- iPad - Big Update! New 10.5 inch screen, 30% faster, new dock, finally drag and drop between windows, better keyboard, new "Files" app. Notes now has a built in scanner
Apple is also introducing a new intelligent speaker for your home called HomePod. It is designed to work with Apple Music and is powered by Siri. It will be launched in Australia in December
Well, that's about it. I'm most excited by the iPad iOS update and the HomePod, what about you ?