Here's everything from Apple's "Spring Forward" special event today
Apple held it's "Spring Forward" special event this morning at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, California and it has proved that the company has no plans of slowing down in 2015.
While we knew it was mainly going to be about the Apple Watch there were a few surprises that blew me away.
Here's the highlights!
- HBO Now - Finally will be able without a cable subscription from $14.99
- Price of the Apple TV has been dropped to US$69
- 700 Million iPhones have now been sold
- 99% Customer Satisfaction score for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Apple Pay - 2500 banks, 700,000 locations are now accepting it in the U.S.
- Every major car brand have now agreed to include Carplay in their vehicles
- Wow! It's been redesigned from the ground up and looks stunning
- Weighs just 2 pounds
- 13.1 mm at it's thickest point
- New keyboard with butterfly key mechanism for more stabilty while typing
- 12 inch Retina display
- Force Touch Trackpad
- 1 Port (USB-C) for Power, USB, HDMI, Video Out and more
- Available in Silver, Space Grey and Gold
- New Workout App for detailed metrics on your exercise
- Christy Turlington - Trialled Apple Watch in marathon in Tanzania and loved it
- Apple Pay, Photos, Remote, Siri, Maps, Notifications and More available on it
- New Apple Watch Store available with update to iOS 8
- All Day battery life (18 hours)
- Apple Watch Sport starts from US$349, Apple Watch from US$549, Apple Watch Edition will start from $10,000 (I'll grab a couple!)
- Pre-Orders from April 10 and will be available from April 24 (inc Australia)
Well that's it. I've got to say I was blown away by the HBO announcement and the new Macbook. I think Apple is building momentum again and I'm very much looking forward to 2015!