Apple has now realised the new iPad aptly named "The New iPad" and much of what has been rumoured is true. The new device is available now for pre-order an starts shipping in Australia from March 16.
The new iPad features:
- A Retina Display - 1,000,000 million more pixels than your HD TV
- iSight Camera - 5 Megapixels for stunning photos and HD video recording
- 4G LTE - Much faster downloads (although we're hearing reports that it won't be compatible with Telsta's 4G network)
- Apple's A5X Quad Core Chip - to power the new beautiful display
- Voice Dictation - The keyboard now has the same microphone icon as your iPhone 4S for dictation
- Same 10 Hour Battery Life
As well as the new iPad Apple also introduced today iOS 5.1 and a revised Apple TV.
Some of the changes in iOS 5.1 available for download now are:
- Finally the ability to delete photos from photo stream
- A new Camera icon on your lock screen to instantly go to your camera
- An improved camera app that now features automatic face detection
To complete the "Post PC" transition Apple has also revised Garage Band and iMovie for iOS and finally released iPhoto !
Last but not least saw apple revise their Apple TV today, it now supports 1080p videos that Apple will start selling through iTunes. Even better movies are now supported in iCloud which means once you buy a movie from iTunes it will also be available on all of your devices for download at no charge.
You can watch the new iPad video here